Walking, cycling, wine tasting, family fun, skiing - whether it's an activity holiday, relaxing break, wine tasting or a family holiday you are looking for, Les Hautes Vosges situated in North East France is an ideal area. It caters for all ages:
- Regional parks, wildlife, flora and fauna
- Bi-annual flower festival in Spring
- Local industries: wood, textile, glass, agriculture
- Skiing, mountain biking, road touring, walking. horse riding, sailing, canoeing, pedalos, boat rides, lake swimming / beaches
- Strasbourg, Colmar (historic buildings, shopping!)
- Spa towns, museums, castles
- Architecture - French / German influence
- Alsace Vineyards
- Christmas markets
- Swimming pool / skating rink / bowling alley
Other Web Sites that may be of interest:
http://www.Gérardmer.net - detailing the local area of Gérardmer in the Vosges.
http://www.Gérardmer-ski.com - detailing local skiing facilities and services.
http://www.societe-des-fetes-Gérardmer.org - providing information on the town of Gérardmer and its bi-annual "la société des fêtes de Gérardmer".
Route des Cretes - with its passes, summits, lakes, high pastures and magnificent panoramas and views - over 220 miles of clearly defined walks in the Valley of the Lakes, 4,000 kms of signposted paths over the entire mountain range.
Cycling: The cycling experiences available range from gentle family outings on well maintained cycle paths to extreme mountain biking and challenging roadwork. The Tour de France passed through Gérardmer in July 2014. All styles and abilities are catered for, and it all takes place amidst striking scenery and beautiful nature.
The Alsace wine route winds its way north to south along the eastern foothills of the Vosges. Visitors can explore the heart of the vineyards along numerous paths where signs explain the work of the winegrower and the diversity of the grapes. From April to December there are wine festivals throughout the area.